Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
14 November @ Pearce Motors
The busy festive season is fast approaching, and with that our fabulous Holiday party. It will be less than a month away on December 5th at Bricks. Cost, time and location information to follow soon. The Sharp’s have again very kindly agreed to host the pre-dinner cocktail party at their beautiful house at 5:30 to get us in the mood. Please bring your favorite beverage (adult or other to share), No appetizers or hors d’oeuvres. Again, more details coming soon.
Please come to our November meeting, we have a lot scheduled. We will have more information about the Holiday party and cocktail party. I will show my pictures from Oktoberfest in Greenville, South Carolina. Maybe pictures from the wine tour and Monitor Pass drive. Information about what happened on the wine tour, wine vs. ﬁre. And the latest about CCA from my trip to the annual chapter meeting. A lot of changes coming to BMW CCA and how they will affect us. After the meeting our dinner will be at one of our favorites, Napa Sonoma.
Looking forward to seeing you at the October meeting!
- New Members & Membership Update
- Future Upcoming Events for 2019
- December 5, Holiday Party
- Fun Rally Poker Run video
- Oktoberfest pictures – Mart
- Wine Tour and video
- Chapter Leadership conference in Dallas report – Mart
- BMW Briefs
- BMW Trivia
- Dinner @ Napa -Sonoma South (7671 S. Virginia St in Reno) (click here for menu) following the meeting.
Meeting called to order by President Mart Jaama at 6:00p.m. on November 14th.
18 members present including one new member. There were 3 renewals last month.
- UPCOMING EVENTS
- Cheri Huntoon updated Christmas party plans. Dinner is at Bricks restaurant on December 5th at 7:00 p.m. Menu choices are halibut, veal or scampi at $40.00. Steak is available for $45.00. Wine will be provided by club. December 2nd is last day to RSVP and choose main course. De Sharp is collecting for the dinner. The Sharps are hosting a pre dinner cocktail hour at 5:30 p.m. before we go to dinner at Bricks. Address is 1616 Greenﬁeld in Reno. DO NOT BRING ANY APPETIZER TO COCKTAIL PARTY.
- PAST EVENTS
A video of the Amador county was played. Due to power outages because of ﬁres and high winds, many of the attendees returned home Saturday evening because the Shenandoah inn did not expect to have power that night.
- Mart showed a video from Octoberfest and updated us on future plans from National. Membership is on decline and dues are being raised in February of 2020. Chapter newsletters are no longer required and each chapter will provide input to a regional newsletter. Roundel will likely cease print versions within the next 3 years. Most BMW news will be in an online format.
- BMW BRIEFS by Pat McGoﬀ
- BMW is researching bidirectional charging (use the batteries of your EV to act as a storage device and buﬀer when connected to the grid). Details at bimmerlife.com/2019.
- There are two categories of cars that loose value very quickly:electric vehicles and luxury vehicles. BMW 5, 6, and 7 series are among models with the most depreciation according to an article at www.inc.com.
- BMW brand sales in U.S. grew 9.4% year over year in October. The X3 was best selling model that month. Sales of both X3 and X5 are up from the previous year. bimmerlife.com/2019.
- BMW performance center is celebrating its 20th anniversary. During those years customers have driven more than 2700 brand new vehicles on the track and burned through more than 50,000 tires. The center also provides a teen driving school and a high end delivery experience. More in November Roundel.
- The December MOTORTREND issue listed the 2020 best driver’s car rankings. The BMW M2 Competition was ranked third and the M850i xdrive coupe was ranked tenth.
- The BMW Welt has new permanent exhibit called “M Town” dedicated entirely to what BMW likes to call “the most powerful letter in the world “. November Roundel has full article.
- RECOMMENDATIONS from Paciﬁc Region Group. Among other things:
- Move club to monthly subscription model ($5 per month rather than one time fee of $60)
- Move Roundel to PDF delivery immediately.
- Create option to pay higher dues for printed magazine.
- Work more closely with neighboring chapters
- BMW TRIVIA
Question: What year did BMW make its ﬁrst all electric vehicle?
Answer: 1972 for the Munich Olympics.
- DINNER : Dinner was at Napa Sonoma South.