Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
10 October @ Pearce Motors
Fall is such a beautiful season after a hot summer so it’s absolutely perfect for drives in your BMWs to see the gorgeous autumnal colors all around us here.
An extremely fun event is coming up at the end of this month October 26 and 27 – our annual wine tour to California. Unfortunately I think it’s fully booked but please keep it in mind for next year and book ahead.
On Thursday December 5 we will have our annual Christmas Party at Bricks Restaurant. This is always a great night and Bricks a great venue. More information coming soon.
Next weekend I’ll be flying to Spartanburg for a week to partake in the 50th anniversary Oktoberfest of BMW CCA. I was at the very first Oktoberfest and also a member of the club 50 years ago so it will be a very meaningful trip for me. I will bring back photographs of all the celebrations to share with you all.
Looking forward to seeing you at the October meeting!
- New Members & Membership Update
- Future Upcoming Events for 2019
- October 26-27, El Dorado & Amador County Wine Tour
- December 5, Holiday Party
- BMW Briefs
- BMW Trivia
- Dinner @ Miguel’s Mexican Restaurant, 13901 S Virginia St, Reno (click here for menu).
The monthly meeting was called to order by President Mart Jaama on October 10, 2019 at
6:00p.m. with 16 members present. Mart will be leaving Sunday for Oktoberfest and will report next meeting.
- MEMBERSHIP: Fred Watson reported one new member.
- UPCOMING EVENTS:
- Wine Tour: De Sharp said 16 cars with 30 club members are signed up. Wineries are expecting our visit and everything good to go on October 26.
- Cheri Huntoon provided update on planning for club Christmas party at Bricks restaurant at 7:00 p.m. on December 5th. There will be a choice of 3 entrees at cost of $35 per person. Choice is between halibut, veal, and scampi. Steak will be oﬀered as an alternative for an additional $10. Salad is included and desert will be baked Alaska or creme brûlée. Dinner will be preceded by a cocktail party at the Sharp residence at 5:30 p.m. members should bring wine or a beverage of their choice to the cocktail party. DO NOT bring any snacks or treats.
- BMW BRIEFS – Pat McGoﬀ briefed the following:
- BMW may be planning to cut up to 6,000 jobs in Germany by 2022. The positions in jeopardy are around corporate headquarters in Munich. A hiring freeze has been in eﬀect since July, click here for the article in BimmerLife.com.
- Dingolﬁng plant to be expanded for production of e-drive components. 5 and 7 series plug-in hybrids are produced there.
- BMW along with other automakers are subjects of an U.S. department of justice antitrust probe over California emissions, click here for the article in BimmerLife.com.
- New patent ﬁlings reveal BMW is working on a hybrid motorcycle. Information on this is in the May 2019 Roundel.
- The October 2019 Roundel has an article on how BMW is using artificial intelligence as part of the quality control process.
- BMW TRIVIA.
Question: How long has Mart Jaama been a member of the BMWCCA?
Answer: 50 years. He holds member number 54 and joined January 28, 1969.
- DINNER: Dinner following the meeting was at Miguel’s Mexican restaurant.