Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
13 April 2017 @ Pearce Motors
- New Members & Membership Update (Sharon)
- Upcoming Events for 2017
- Updates from BMWCCA Leadership Meeting in Dallas (Mart & Ron)
- Video: Go Like Schnell: The Story of BMW Motorsport In The USA
- Sierra’s Facebook page
- BMW Appreciation @ Sport Haus Video
- BMW Briefs
- BMW Trivia
- Dinner @ Napa-Sonoma Restaurant, 7671 South Virginia Street (click here for menu)
Ron Nicasio, club president, presided over meeting.
29 in Attendance
- MEMBERSHIP – Sharon Goodrich reported 3 new members had joined which included a renewal.
- UPCOMING EVENTS
- The June meeting will be at the ACES ballgame on June 22nd. Cheri Huntoon is coordinating details.
- Our annual Virginia City drive will be on June 24th with John English as coordinator.
- Mart Jaama is seeking ideas for new events for the club. He gave ideas like an auto cross or a tour of member garages to see some more of vehicles owned by members. A survey will be coming to members in the near future requesting their ideas and input.
- BMWCCA MEETING – Ron Nicasio and Mart Jaama attended the national meeting in Dallas. Mart said the national club is seeking more members to attend this year’s Octoberfest being held in New Orleans in July. The suggestion was also made that local chapters make more use of social media to increase interest and membership in the club. The National club can provide assistance to any local chapter seeking to improve its presence on social media. Ron Nicasio played a video provided by BMW entitled “Go like Schnell: the story of BMW Motorsport in USA” which covered BMW’s entry into racing in the US in 1975. The members were reminded that our chapter has a Facebook Page maintained by our web mistress, Carol Villar. Many thanks and our gratitude to Carol for the many hours she devotes to our club with outstanding results.
- BMW BRIEFS – Pat McGoff provided some updates on the 5 series including a future Alpina B5. He showed some pictures of various art cars and also said the M2 had received another prestigious award from an automobile magazine.
- BMW TRIVIA
QUESTION: What size were the wheels on the original 6 series?
- Jim Goodfellow has purchased a “barn find”, the first E 34 M5 in Northern California. It needs a lot of work and he hasn’t decided whether to restore it or use it as a parts car. He welcomes your suggestions.
- Steve Polimeni reported on attending an SCCA safe streets session at Stead airport and ideas that might be helpful in our chapter’s upcoming fall Safe Streets session.
- DINNER – Dinner after the meeting was at Napa-Sonoma restaurant on South Virginia Street with more than 25 attending.