The annual Board Meeting for the Sierra chapter of the BMWCCA was held on May 6, 2021at Napa Sonoma South and called to order at 5:00p.m. by the club President.
- Lance Taylor-Warren, President
- John English, Vice President
- De Sharp, treasurer
- Ron Rachow, secretary
- Pat McGoff
- John Strom
- Fred Watson
- Russ and Cheri Huntoon (zoom)
- Carol Villar (zoom)
- Second Saturday Drives will continue and all members are encouraged to attend. Suggested routes are solicited.
- There has been a management change at Bill Pearce and Mike Freitas has been replaced. Lance will meet with new person and discuss how the dealership and the club can support each other. Remodeling should be completed and MONTHLY MEETINGS WILL RESUME on the second Thursday each month starting in June.
- The annual Virginia City tour led by John English will be the 2nd Saturday drive in June.
- The annual Wine Tour is tentatively planned for end of September. Details will follow in August after the De Sharp led pre-run.
- The Holiday Dinner has been booked by Cheri Huntoon for the 2nd Thursday in December at Bricks restaurant in Reno.
- A Poker Run will be held in August or September.
- The Annual Picnic will be planned for July or August by Pat McGoff.
- Russ Huntoon is looking into the possibility of a visit to the Hamilton collection in Washoe Valley.
- John Strom and Fred Watson discussed possible tech sessions during winter months.
- Lance is working on a 3-day Mystery Tour for later in the year.
Membership has dropped to 138 members and 27 associates according to Fred Watson. Fred is trying to increase membership by having club information and brochures at various service facilities. He wants to connect with lapsed members to try and bring them back into the fold. He will prepare a paragraph each month with club email blasts. Fred also puts club business cards on the windshield of BMWs he sees around town.
Meeting adjourned at 6:15.