Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
8 March 2018 @ Pearce Motors
- New Members & Membership Update (Sharon)
- Future Upcoming Events for 2018
– Virginia City Tour
- 2018 National Automobile Museum Tour video
- BMW Briefs
- BMW Trivia
- Dinner @ Miguel’s (1415 S Virginia St)
Ron Nicasio, President, presided over meeting.
18 in Attendance
- MEMBERSHIP: Three new members in attendance. Pat McGoff reported one additional new member.
- UPCOMING EVENTS:
- May 19 , Virginia City Tour. Ron Nacasio and John English will do the pre-run and provide details later.
- July 21 Poker Run will be to Nevada City this year.
- August 11 Fifth Annual BMWCCA Sierra Chapter Picnic
- October 13 El Dorado & Amador County Wine Tour (rooms have been blocked at Shenandoah Inn)
- December 13 Christmas/Holiday Party is locked in at Arrow Creek. Pat McGoff said party will be same as last year
- NATIONAL AUTOMOBILE MUSEUM TOUR
25 members attended the tour organized by Pat McGoff. A video was shown of those who attended the tour. Lunch after the tour was at Bertha Miranda’s Mexican restaurant. That restaurant is a possible location for dinner following club meetings in the future.
- BMW BRIEFS
- Pat McGoff briefed that BMW was the largest U.S. auto exporter with 79% of the South Carolina plant production being exported. The plant employee 10 thousand workers and builds 1,400 vehicles a day.
- BMW had luxury car sales of over 2 million vehicles sold by the BMW group by October of 2017.
- BMW 600 was recognized for a Golden Classic Award. This vehicle was a stretch version of the Isetta and was ﬁrst built in 1957.
- BMW appears to be planning numerous electrical vehicles in the future as it recently trademarked “ix” for 1, 2 and 4-9 series BMWs.
- Consumer Reports tested the new X3 and gave it high ratings as being among the best luxury compact SUVs.
- BMW is building a new test track in Czech Republic with a primary purpose to test ground breaking technologies relating to electriﬁcation, digitalization, and automated driving.
- The BMW X7 is now in preproduction at Spartanburg with a planned ofﬁcial launch by the end of 2018.
- A survey in Great Britain voted BMW drivers as the rudest drivers in GB. 56% of those surveyed believed those who own M3s are terrible people.
- BMW TRIVIA
Question: What model followed the Isetta?
Answer: the BMW 600 with a 19.2 horsepower engine.
- Dinner after the meeting was at Miguel’s Mexican Restaurant on South Virginia.