Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
8 February 2018 @ Pearce Motors
- New Members & Membership Update (Sharon)
- Future Upcoming Events for 2018
– National Car Museum Tour on Feb 10 (Sat) – Pat
- Holiday Party Video
- Service Issue (Sharon)
- BMW Briefs – Pat
- BMW Trivia
- Dinner @Famous Daves, 4925 Kietzke Ln.
- MEMBERSHIP: Pat McGoff reported 6 new members have joined the club.
- UPCOMING EVENTS:
- February 10 National Automobile Museum Tour 20 members were signed up to attend.
- March tech session yet to be confirmed.
- May 19 , Virginia City Tour
- July 21 Sierra Buttes Tour & Poker Run will be to Nevada City this year.
- August 11 Fifth Annual BMWCCA Sierra Chapter Picnic
- September possible Mammoth tour—off schedule and this tour will not occur.
- October 13 El Dorado & Amador County Wine Tour (rooms have been blocked at Shenandoah Inn)
- December 13 Christmas/Holiday Party is locked in at Arrow Creek. Pat McGoff said party will be same as last year
- 2017 HOLIDAY PARTY: A video of the party was shown at the meeting. Thanks go out to Carol for another great job putting the video together with music.
- BMW BRIEFS:
- Pat McGoff briefed that BMW is recalling approximately 1,000,000 cars sold in America between model years 2006 to 2011. Details are available on the BMWCCA.org web site.
- BMW was number one in luxury car sales with over 2 million vehicles sold by the BMW group.
- The 2018 M5 will be available this spring with an MSRP of $102,600 plus destination and handling charges.
- BMW has a shot at becoming the number one seller of premium vehicles in China. 542,362 BMWs were delivered in China from January through November.
- BMW May do away with key fob may go away in the future, replaced by an app on a smartphone.
- BMW has broken ground on almost 500 million dollar expansion of its research and innovation center in Munich.
- BMW received 2 best car awards from a German trade journal for the 5 series and the X1.
- 2017 M sales were up 19%. The 5 series,X1 and X5 are sales leaders with North American sales up over 4%. However, Mini sales were down over 5% and Mini is planning on going to all electric vehicles in the future.
- BMW TRIVIA
QUESTION: What is the oldest BMW in America?
ANSWER: A 1930 3/15 DA2 Cabriolet that tops out at 35 mph. (BMW completed its first car in 1929).
- DINNER: Dinner after the meeting was at Famous Dave’s on Kietzke Lane.