Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
14 September 2017 @ Pearce Motors
- New Members & Membership Update (Sharon)
- Upcoming Events:
- Photos from: Fourth Annual BMWCCA Sierra Chapter Picnic | Show & Shine
- The 6th Generation M5 (Video)
- BMW Trivia
- Dinner is @ Olive Garden at 4900 S. Virginia, Reno, NV 89502
Ron Nicasio, President, presided over meeting.
16 in Attendance
- MEMBERSHIP: Pat McGoff reported one new member has joined the club.
- UPCOMING EVENTS
- Street Survival is set for October 7th. Steve is in need of volunteers for the event to include coaches, course workers, and admin tasks. Please contact Steve and let him know how you can help. Set up for the event will be Friday, October 6, at 4:30 pm at the event site. Volunteers needed to help with set up. The school starts at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, October 7th
- The annual Wine Tour to Amador county will be October 14th. 13 cars are signed up for the trip.
- Mart Jaama is working on Fun Rally for later this year. Details to follow.
- Reno SCCA is holding a track event at Thunder Hill on October 28th and 29th–Thunder On The West Course PDX/Time Trial #4. This is NOT a BMW club event. Contact Mike Foster for further details.
- BMW BRIEFS
- Ron Nicasio reported on new M5, the fastest and most technologically advanced 5 series vehicle. It will come in 3 drive modes including all wheel drive. Ron showed a video of this 6th generation M5.
- Pat McGoff reported on 3 new concept cars being brought out by BMW. They are the new 8 series, the new Z4, a Grand Coupe aimed as a Tesla challenger with a range of 373 miles on a charge. Details are available on the BMW car club of America website.
- Schnitzer has developed the fastest street legal BMW around the Nürburgring, a lightweight coupe based on an M235i. More details in the Roundel.
- BMW TRIVIA
BMW i Ventures invests in electric buses manufactured by Protera which has a 60% market share of the North American electric mass transit market. Reno is one one of the cities currently running Protera buses on city streets.
- ERRATA: Jim Goodfellow has purchased a “barn find” 1991 E34 hand built M5. It was the first M5 sent to the West coast. Jim has the history of the vehicle. It is in running condition but needs substantial renovations. Contact Jim if you are interested in the car or know anyone who might be.
- DINNER: after the meeting was at Miguel’s in the summit shopping center