Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
11 January 2018 @ Pearce Motors
- New Members & Membership Update (Sharon)
- 2018 Upcoming Events
- European Driving – John Strom
- BMW Briefs
- Dinner @ Miguel’s Mexican Restaurant, 13901 S Virginia St, Reno (click here for menu)
Mart Jaama, Vice President, presided over meeting.
27 in Attendance
- MEMBERSHIP: Two new members have joined the club.
- UPCOMING EVENTS
- February 10, National Automobile Museum Tour
- March ??, Tech Session, Bill Pearce BMW
- May 19, Virginia City Tour
- June 16, Tour to the Berlin Ghost Town*
- July 21, Sierra Buttes Tour & Poker Run
- August 11, Fifth Annual BMWCCA Sierra Chapter Picnic
- September ??, Mammouth Tour*
- October 13-14, El Dorado & Amador County Wine Tour (rooms have been blocked at Shenandoah Inn)
- December 13 – Christmas/Holiday Party (Pat McGoff said party will be same as last year)
- EUROPEAN DRIVING
John Strom made a photo presentation and talk about the challenges of driving in Europe. He described different cars he has driven in Europe and recommended you rent the narrowest car available because of the narrow roads and tight parking spots. Also, a GPS is essential.
European road signs can be quite different from USA signs and he strongly recommended reviewing the signs on the internet before any European driving trip.
- BMW FOUNDATION
Mart Jaama briefed on the BMW Foundation and the financial support needed from the local chapters. Any action by our chapter was deferred and will be discussed at the upcoming board meeting.
- BMW BRIEFS and BMW TRIVIA were reserved for the February meeting
- DINNER @ Miguel’s Mexican Restaurant, 13901 S Virginia St, Reno (click here for menu)