Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
9 September 2011 @ Pearce Motors
31 in Attendance
Guests: JK from Dinan Engineering
Art Ona, President, called the meeting to order at 6:10 PM.
1. Street Survival – Jeff Warner discussed the upcoming event to be held on Saturday, September 10th, at Mt Rose. Need more volunteers. There will be a break at noon. (Most were present at the 5 pm meeting.) This is not a BMWCCA sanctioned event because CCA instructors will not be in the cars.
2. Fernley Car Control Clinic – Jeff Warner discussed the upcoming clinic. It would be brake, steer, slalom and skid pad. It was October 9th, Sunday, report at 730 am, meeting began at 8 am and track time began at 9 am. It is a joint item with Audi, Mustang, Porsche, Mercedes and BMW. Pro Control Driving Academy will be putting on the event; cost is $175 per person. This is not a BMWCCA sanctioned event because CCA instructors will not be in the cars.
3. Sierra Foothill/Lincoln County Wine Trip – September 16th and 17th. DeArmond Sharp said it was set to go.
4. Christmas Dinner – Thursday, December 8, 6 pm. Russ Huntoon provided a flyer: Roundabout Catering, 6148 Mae Anne, Reno, $36 per person. Orders and money would need to be turned in by the November 10 meeting. We can not bring our own wine. Deposit of $500 was approved; estimate 50 attendees.
5. JK from Dinan Engineering was guest speaker. Steve Dinan started the business in 1979 and redid a 320i at the shop in Mountain view. There was a relocation to Morgan Hill in the early 90s and currently there are 35 employees. Dinan is used by 130 dealers in the US. Steve gets a new vehicle and then decides stages one through four and what they will entail (engine, chassis, suspension, drive line tuning, etc). The motto is performance without sacrifice. JK had a vehicle and gave a few people a quick trip through the Pearce area after the meeting.
6. Dinner is at Los Compadres, which has opened at Foothill area, 21 attending.
General Meeting adjourned at 705 pm.