Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
10 October 2013 @ Pearce Motors
- New Members
- Sierra BMWCCA Website Improvements
- BMW Z5 Rumor Mill
- BMW German Annual Inspection Checklist
- Wine Tour
- Street Survival Recap
- SOLD! 4 Series Coupe Presentation (Showroom) SOLD!
- BMW Trivia
- Dinner @ Silver Peak Restaurant (124 Wonder Street Reno, NV 89502)
34 in Attendance
Pat McGoff, President, called the meeting to order at 6:05 pm.
- Members/Guests: A guest and his wife were checking the group out and was impressed; said he would be joining; it looked like a really great group. (He was given the current newsletter and contact information.) He found the BMW chapter by putting a search in for Reno NV Events.
- Website Improvements: Carol Villar, webmaster, gave an update of the totally new website.
- BMW Z5 Rumor Mill: Pat McGoff provided an article with the agenda to those present on the rumors the BMW Z5 was to share platform with Toyota Supra (August 30th, 2013 by Horatiu Boeriu).
- BMW German Annual Inspection Checklist: Jim Goodfellow had the checklist that goes all the way back to 1993 for his 850 CSi. He recommends we all read Mike Miller’s column in this month’s Roundel on the inspection manuals. Gilbert Dayao helped him get the manual translated from German. Jim had just returned from the 8Fest and Maart Jama was also there. It was a great event and well attended considering the amount of BMW 8s are here – there were also attendees from other countries.
- Street Survival Recap: Jeff Warner said there were 16 students and the feedback was good. The truck driver, Lisa, got to the kids right away; they were instantly amazed. Jeff thought that there could be 15 maximum in a group, so splitting as was done worked very well. It cuts the wait times when the kids want to get going in their cars. Jeff thought this was the very best Street Survival session of all the chapter has done. He based that on the school teaching and their attitudes. Using the lodge also makes it much more comfortable for a long day.
- BMW 4 Series Presentation: Pat McGoff said this was to be done, the car was there yesterday and today it was sold. The next two coming in are also sold. So, the presentation downstairs will be changed just a little bit, which John Strom explained. John had seen a 959 Porsche in the service area when he came in. They were built in 1987 and 1988, 200 were made, they cost $400,000 originally and then went up to $500,000. John will do an overview of the vehicle when we go downstairs.
- Wine Tour Recap (September 28-29): DeArmond Sharp gave a recap of the really great wine tour that covered Eldorado and Amador areas. Carol Villar ran a video show of the tour. Member Frank Himler printed plaques for the tour that were the best any had ever seen. They had your name and also the agenda in a very professional manner by Access Pass & Design.
- Trivia. BMW uses “codenames” to describe the car configuration. The original codes started with an “E” followed by a two digit number. Through the years the code letter has changed. The Trivia question is “What will be the next code letter and what body configuration will it represent.” ANSWER: The letter “G” will be the next codename and it will represent the new 7 series.
- Dinner @ Silver Peak Restaurant (124 Wonder Street Reno, NV 89502) about 26 were going.
General Meeting ended at 6:55 pm and most of the group went to the Porsche service bay to view the 959.