Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
9 January @ Pearce Motors
We meet on the second Thursday of each month @ Bill Pearce BMW, 11555 S. Virginia in Reno. The meetings start @ 6pm, but feel free to show up early to talk cars or just drool over the new stuff in the showroom.
After our meetings end (~7 PM) many of us head out to dinner at a local restaurant.
We ended our year with some great activities and the most wonderful Christmas Party at Bricks Restaurant with pre dinner cocktails at the Sharps. Huge thanks to De, Pat and the Huntoons for helping organize the actual dinner at Bricks. Good news, we have already reserved Bricks for next year’s Christmas dinner.
A few weeks ago we had an executive board meeting to plan activities for 2020. Many old favorites like the Virginia City Drive, Wine Tour and Monitor Pass will be back, with some new additions announced as information becomes available. Please come and join the January meeting and discuss these 2020 events and join us for another great dinner at NapaSonoma after.
I am ending this message on a much sadder note with news about our long standing members Dawn Hammond and Giles Marion. Sadly Dawn passed away in a October and Giles is now being cared for at Arbors in Sparks. They were amongst our most faithful members and enjoyed many meetings, dinners and events. They thoroughly enjoyed being part of our club and sharing in our activities and events. They still drove their original BMW 1600 that Dawn bought new as a daily driver. I’m sure I echo the sentiments of many when I say they will be sorely missed.
Looking forward to seeing you at the January meeting!
- New Members & Membership Update -Fred
- Event schedule for 2020 – Mart
- Christmas Pictures
- BMW Briefs & Trivia – John
- Club News – Mart
- Dinner @ Napa -Sonoma South (7671 S. Virginia St in Reno) (click here for menu) following the meeting.
Meeting called to order by President Mart Jaama. There were 15 members present. Mart reminded everyone of the need for members to step up and volunteer to replace the outgoing board in January 2021.
- MEMBERSHIP: Fred Watson reported total chapter membership, including associates, at 158. There were 2 new members joining and 5 renewals. Fred requested anyone needing a club name tag to contact him. He is working on details for a new member breakfast in April.
- FUTURE EVENTS
- The President went through list of planned activities for coming year See list contained in December 14, 2019 Board Meeting.
- Russ Huntoon has arranged a visit to a private collection of 50 cars in Washoe Valley on March 23rd. Those attending will meet for breakfast at Tamarack Junction at 9:00 a.m. and then convoy to the site.
- The Annual Picnic will be held at Galena Park oﬀ the Mount Rose highway in August.
- BMW BRIEFS John Strom briefed:
- BMW sales were up 4.4% and competitors Mercedes Benz sales remained even while Lexus sales were down. Mini sales have dropped substantially.
- BMW has delivered a total of 500,000 EVs to date. They will be manufacturing 25 different hybrid and EVs by 2023, two years earlier than previously expected.
- The X3 and the X5 will be the pillars of the new lineup. The X3 continues to be the best selling BMW.
- John also covered the ongoing collector car market.
- BMW TRIVIA
Question: What was the cd of the original 850 series?
- DINNER was at Napa Sonoma South.