Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
9 November 2017 @ Pearce Motors
- New Members & Membership Update (Sharon)
- Upcoming Events: Holiday Party
- Wine Tour video
- Fun Rally Video
- BMW Foundation
- BMW Trivia
- Dinner is @ Famous Daves at 4925 Kietzke Ln.
Ron Nicasio, President, presided over meeting.
25 in Attendance
- MEMBERSHIP: Ron Nicasio reported 10 new members have joined the club.
- UPCOMING EVENTS
The club annual Christmas Holiday Party will be December 14th. It will start at 5:30 p.m. at the McGoff residence for pre dinner social hour. Attendees should bring their favored beverage.Snacks/treats will be provided by the club. Dinner will be at the Arrow Creek club at 7:00 p.m. dinner will be buffet style with a choice of mahi-mahi, chicken, or tri-tip. Cost is $32 per person with checked payable to the Sierra Chapter BMWCCA and should be sent to De Sharp ASAP if you plan to attend and have not already done so.
- PAST EVENTSVideos were shown of the annual Wine Tour to Amador County as well as the Fun Rally to various historical places in our area. Thanks to the Sharps, McGoffs, and Rachow’s for organizing the wine tour and to Mart Jaama and Fred Watson for staging the fun rally. The videos are available for viewing on the club website.
- BMW FOUNDATION
Mart Jaama briefed on the BMW Foundation and the financial support needed from the local chapters. Any action by our chapter was deferred and will be discussed at the upcoming board meeting.
- BMW BRIEFS
Pat McGoff reported on the ongoing diesel investigation of German cars which appears centered on whether BMW, MB, AUDI AND VOLKSWAGEN had formed an illegal cartel and fixed prices on certain parts and technologies .Pat also briefed on the recall of X 3 model years 2006-2010 relating to front seat passenger occupant detection mats and not to the Takata air bags.In mid 2018 all BMWs and Minis will be getting Alexa. Details are available on the BMW CCA web site.
- BMW TRIVIAQuestion:
Question: What company has BMW partnered with in a self-driving research group? Answer: Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.
- DINNER: Dinner after the meeting was at Famous Dave’s BBQ on Kietzke lane.