Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
10 March 2011 @ Pearce Motors
20 Members in Attendance
Art Ona, President, called the meeting to order at 6:05 PM.
- Dinner would be at Great Basin Brewery, if possible. They did not take reservations; therefore, Art Ona called for a headcount when the meeting began so it could be called in. Word came back later that delaying after 7 PM a little bit would probably be okay for the group. Dinner had gone well at La Posada Real (Longley/South McCarran) last month.
- Introductions – Andrew Geraci was from Colorado and his membership had been transferred to our chapter. He is up at UNR and has a 2005 M3.
- Website presentation – Carol Villar outlined all of the changes and the many new functions. She is still working on it. Very impressive compared to previous sites. Jim Goodfellow commented that the English Alpina Club has great references for older cars.
- TKO Event is to be held on Friday, March 25. Follow the barbecue smell; there are no signs advertising the facility at 1316 Capital Suite 103 off South McCarran. (Gilbert not available to give more detailed information.)
- Virginia City Drive Event, April 16, Saturday, meet at 930 am at South Meadows Raley’s and will ask for $5 per person for insurance. Will proceed up Mount Rose Highway 50 and end at Virginia City for lunch at the Palace Restaurant.
Meeting adjourned at 7:05 PM.