Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
9 May 2013 @ Pearce Motors
- New Members
- Oktoberfest Update
- Virginia City Ride Review (De Sharp)
- Mystery Wine Tour Update (John Strom)
- BMWCCA Membership Survey
- BMW Trivia
- Dinner @ La Vecchia Italian Bistro
25 in Attendance
Pat McGoff, President, called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm.
- here were no new members at the start of the meeting, so introductions were bypassed.
- Oktoberfest Update (August 19-25). Pat McGoff said there were 750 enrolled. Both the Hyatt and Hilton hotels were were full already. Most of the car clinics and control driving were also full except Saturday. Two items that Sierra Chapter members would want to consider are the Salinas Valley Agricultural Tour on Friday and the Hurst Castle Tour on Saturday. The list showed 12 from our chapter attending.
- Virginia City Drive – April 20th. De Sharp said there were ten Bimmers and Russ Huntoon’s Beemer motorcycle. New Sierra Chapter members Dan Wink and his wife attended. Lunch was great. Carol Villar showed video presentation on the website for us on the ride.
- Mystery Wine Tour Update – Saturday and Sunday, June 8 and 9. John Strom said there were currently ten cars. The mystery was a wine valley of five wineries you have never visited, they are about five to eight years old now, it is about 250 miles and the roads are great. The overnight stay will be in a nearby city. See the web site for details and let John Strom know if you want to attend since there are still two spots remaining.
- Mike Dietel gave information on the May 11, non-sanctioned club event by Pro Control at the Fernley Track. Cost will be $225 per person. There are still openings. Three groups will be running; the price includes lunch. Jeff Warner’s E30 M3 monster car may also be ready by then.
- BMW Membership Survey. Pat McGoff reminded us that one item discussed at the San Francisco February Regional Conference were all chapters outlined with good and bad points. A membership survey has been created and it is being sent to all members. Half the questions are about National and half are about the Chapter. It takes about ten minutes to complete the survey and hope you will all give your opinions.
- Member news included Norma coming to the meeting and letting us know that John was in Reston VA and that they would be in Reno until after school was out, the house had been put up for sale, the car had been sold. Brandon Villar was 16 today and Carol was looking for a used car for him. Gilbert said he had an Audi A4. Dawn had a picture on the bulletin board – who did we think it was? Cheryl and Britt Johnson were new members and were introduced.
- BMW trivia for the month was BMW changing the numbering system. It would be Series 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. So what did that mean? Even numbers were two door; odd numbers were four doors.
- Dinner tonight is at LaVecchia Italian Bistro. It will be in the main dining room due to a slight glitch, but will not be a problem; headcount of 15 for dinner. Other options for dinners after the meeting were again discussed; no clear winners as yet. A few more mentioned would be checked out to make sure it would be single checks for all attending.
General Meeting adjourned at 6:35 pm.