Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
12 April 2018 @ Pearce Motors
- New Members & Membership Update (Sharon)
- Upcoming 2018 Events
– Virginia City Tour
- BMW Briefs
- BMW Trivia
- Dinner at Napa -Sonoma South (7671 S. Virginia St in Reno)
Ron Nicasio, President, presided over meeting.
26 in Attendance
- MEMBERSHIP: Sharon Goodrich reported 4 new members.
- UPCOMING EVENTS
- May 19st: Virginia City drive. Ron Nacasio and John English for details. Meet at Starbucks on Mount Rose Highway at 9:30.
- Mart Jaama is organizing a drive to Berlin (Nevada, not Germany) on June 16th. The group will have lunch on way out. A mine tour will be available for a fee. Mart will provide more details later.
- Members wanting to go on Wine Tour need to let De Sharp know. De advised that Carol has not received any RSVPs through web site. There are still some rooms available at the Shenandoah Inn as part of the block of rooms being held for the Wine Tour.
- BMW BRIEFS
- Pat McGoff briefed that BMW set two Guinness world records for drifting with the new M5. The ﬁrst record was 232.5 miles in 8 hours. The second record was 49.5 miles with a twin vehicle drift in one hour. Details are in March Roundel.
- The i8 Roadster is now ofﬁcially in production. Market launch is scheduled for May.
BMW is now being investigated relating to the diesel issues encountered with other German manufacturers. None the less, the 5 series diesel has been approved for sale in the U.S. It will be priced around $63K.
- BMW ﬁnancial services is testing an access subscription service that allows subscribers to drive different cars at their whim. There are two levels: one costing $2,000 per month and one costing $3,700 a month. Test is in Tennessee and details of program can be seen at BimmerLife.com (click here to view the article).
- BMW TRIVIA
QUESTION: What are 5 tire brands approved for OE on the X3?
ANSWER: Goodyear, Michelin, Pirelli, Continental and Yokohama. Yokohama is the newest ﬁtment.
- ERRATA: Pat McGoff attended a session at BMW’s driving school in Southern California and is writing a story for the next club newsletter.
- DINNER: Dinner after the meeting was at Napa Sonoma Restaurant on South Virginia.