Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
9 January 2014 @ Pearce Motors
- New Members
- Holiday Party Recap
- New events for 2014
- Bill Pearce Service Tools Demonstration
- BMW Trivia
- Dinner @ La Vecchia Italian Bistro
29 in Attendance
General Meeting: Pat McGoff, Vice President, called the meeting to order at 6 pm.
- New Members/Guests: A new member’s first meeting. Guest who will soon be a member.
- December Party Recap: Carol Villar had a video to show us (pictures courtesy of the Strom’s). A thank you to the Villar’s and McGoff’s for homes used as well as Bill Pearce and Gilson for raffle prizes that were great.
- 2014 Events: The Sanfilipo’s were unable to attend due to the nasty flu going around. They would get a route for us to put together over Mt Rose, Highway 28, to 50 and Markleeville and then back again – but someone else could run it. Perhaps stopping for a Basque lunch in Gardnerville. Dawn Hammond asked if cottages at Yosemite might be rented in the summer? Need more information on all the options. JoAnn said we could still use restaurant ideas for this year. Need to call the location, get the true boss of the special room and make sure it is separate bills, find out the menu etc. Dawn Hammond had talked with Olive Garden, the boss, and they said they could. Pat had tried the Twisted Fork and De would look at Bricks.
- Trivia: Where was a December 16, 2013, groundbreaking for a new BMW plant held that will cost 325 million dollars to build? Answer: Brazil.
General Meeting adjourned at 6:20 pm.
- Service Tools Demonstration: John Strom set up a great demonstration of why you pay more and what you get for the $150,000 a year training the techs get and the special tools that are used on your BMWs. It was to be a 20 to 30 minute session.
- Dinner is at LaVecchia Italian Bistro.