Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
10 September @ Pearce Motors
Please join us for our monthly Chapter Meeting and Dinner. We meet on the second Thursday of each month, the meetings start @ 6PM. This month the meeting and dinner (with separate checks) will be at Bricks Restaurant (1695 S Virginia St in Reno) in their outdoor patio (weather permitting). We will take the first 20 members/spouses (total) for the meeting/dinner).
Bricks is set up with approved social distancing and follows other Corvid regulations. All event chairpersons, committee chairperson, officers and board members are urged to attend to discuss future of the Sierra Chapter.
- New Members & Membership Update
- Upcoming Events: Wine Tour
- 2020 Family Picnic Video
- BMW Briefs
- BMW Trivia
- Dinner @ Bricks (click here for the menu).
Meeting called to order at 6:00p.m. on September 10th at Brick’s restaurant by Vice President Pat McGoﬀ. There were 18 members present. Finding candidates for the board remains problematic.
- MEMBERSHIP: Fred Watson reported that in the last month there were 4 renewal memberships, 2 lapsed memberships, and a current total of 131 members and 32 associates in the Sierra Chapter.
- FUTURE EVENTS: The Wine Tour remains on calendar. The dates were changed to Thursday and Friday, September 24th and 25th because of coronavirus restrictions at the wineries which limit the size of groups. All openings for the tour are ﬁlled.
- BMW BRIEFS: Pat McGoﬀ presented the briefs.
- BMW is reportedly developing 1,000 horsepower electric M5 using 3 edrive motors. Competitors in this segment are the Tesla Model S and the Porche Taycon Turbo. Click here to read the full article.
- BMW’s halted production from July 24th to September 7th to tool for production of the all electric i4. Click here to read the full article.
- Nevada is considering adopting new regulations that 6 to 8% of new vehicles for sale be electric by 2025. See June 22 edition of the Reno Gazette Journal. Click here to read the full article.
- In a comparison of 20 diﬀerent vehicles and their infotainment systems, iDrive was deemed the least distracting. bimmerlife.com/2020/04/18.
- Apple, BMW may be developing “car key” feature allowing unlocking and starting a vehicle from an Apple phone or watch. Click here to read the full article.
- BMW TRIVIA
QUESTION: What non mechanical powered vehicle is being developed by BMW?
ANSWER: A high end human powered multiple-terrain use bicycle. (read more)
- DINNER: Members enjoyed dinner at Brick’s following the meeting.