Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
08 October @ Bricks
Please join us for our monthly Chapter Meeting and Dinner. We meet on the second Thursday of each month, the meetings start @ 6PM. This month the meeting and dinner (with separate checks) will be at Bricks Restaurant (1695 S Virginia St in Reno) in their outdoor patio (weather permitting). We will take the first 20 members/spouses (total) for the meeting/dinner).
Bricks is set up with approved social distancing and follows other Corvid regulations. All event chairpersons, committee chairperson, officers and board members are urged to attend to discuss future of the Sierra Chapter.
- New Members & Membership Update
- Upcoming Events: Wine Tour
- Slate of Officers
- Dinner @ Bricks (click here for the menu).
The monthly club meeting was held on October 8, 2020 at Brick’s restaurant in Reno. There were 12 members present. The meeting was chaired by De Sharp, treasurer, in the absence of the president.
- MEMBERSHIP. Fred Watson reported no new members this month. There were 5 lapsed memberships and one membership renewal. Fred hopes to have more contacts when COVID-19 restrictions aren’t relaxed.
- SLATE OF CANDIDATES. De Sharp reported on the Board meeting on September 26 where a slate of candidates was prepared for the club oﬃcer positions. The proposed candidates for election are:
– Lance Taylor-Warren for President
– John English for Vice President
– De Sharp to continue as Treasurer
– Ron Rachow to continue as Secretary
– Mike Dietel and John Strom as Members at Large
These candidates have agreed to accept the positions if elected. There were no other candidate names put forward. If any member wishes to be a candidate please contact Pat McGoﬀ, De Sharp, or Ron Rachow. The election will be held electronically in November. Club membership will receive electronic ballots from the club web mistress.
- BMW BRIEFS, None at this meeting.
Question: Who was the ﬁrst President of our chapter?
Answer: Jeﬀ Warner
- DINNER. Dinner was at Brick’s following the meeting.