Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
13 July 2017 @ Pearce Motors
- New Members & Membership Update (Sharon)
- Upcoming Events for 2017
- Photos from Virginia City Drive
- The 3rd Generation X3 (2018) video
- BMW M Track Days
- BMW Trivia (Pat)
- Dinner @ Famous Daves, 4925 Kietzke Ln
Ron Nicasio, club president, presided over meeting.
22 in Attendance
Sharon Goodrich reported 5 new members have joined the club.
- PAST EVENTS
- Cheri Huntoon reported that the Reno Aces will not return the $150 deposit from our previously scheduled June game but will credit the money to a future game or Ace’s merchandise. The decision was made to use the money for Ace’s merchandise which can be used as prizes for club events.
- Photos from the Virginia City drive were shown and should be available on the club website.
- UPCOMING EVENTS
- Sharon Goodrich spoke about the Sierra Buttes drive scheduled for Saturday, July 29th. The drive will begin by meeting at Raley’s shopping center at 9 a.m. Anyone going must provide a $15 per person deposit with Sharon to reserve space at Long Boards for lunch. Sharon will return deposits at beginning of the drive. Attendees are reminded Long Boards accepts cash only for lunch. An email with more details will come out prior to the drive.
- Mart Jaama gave an update on the club’s annual picnic scheduled for August 12th at the Arrow Creek club. The picnic will run from 12 noon to 3 p.m. Mart is planning a “show and shine” as part of the activities.
- BMW BRIEFS
- A video on the upcoming new 3rd generation X3 (G 01) was shown high lighting the many new features on the vehicle. Production is scheduled to begin in August with the expectation it will be in showrooms by November of this year. The M division is also looking at building an X 3 M.
- Details are available on the BMWCCA website.
- BMW is going to install up to 100 charging stations for electric vehicles in national parks and nearby communities as part of BMW’s celebration of its first hundred years in existence.
- BMW is investing another $600 million in the Spartanburg plant bring the total investment to more than $8 billion. The upcoming X7 will be produced there along side the current production of X series models.
- BMW’s partnership with Oracle in building an America’s Cup contender hit rough sailing as New Zealand won the Cup 8 to 1 in the races.
- BMW TRIVIA
Question: The X3 is currently built in Spartanburg. Where are the 2 new plants to produce the X3 being built?
Answer: South Africa and a plant in China for the Chinese market.
- ERRATA There will not be a Cars for Kids show this year.
- DINNER after the meeting was at Famous Dave’s BBQ on Kietzki lane.