Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
08 March 2012 @ Pearce Motors
26 in Attendance and 1 Guests
Art Ona, President, called the meeting to order at 6:05 PM.
- Jeff Warner. Reminder: Need more cars for the software test that was going to be conducted for the Roundel article, especially last year model. Contact him if interested. Evolve Tuning is one of the software companies being used. The other software that will be involved are: Dinan, ESS, Burger Tuning, Cobb and Vishnu. Testing will be done by Street to Sand at 335 Kietzke Lane. Work would be done in April.
- Alice Strom. Reminder: Sign up is still open. There were currently five cars and ten people; maximum of ten cars. Contact her if you are interested. May 18 (noon Friday) – 20 – Coastal Cruise to Cabot Cove – John and Alice Strom – BMW Sanctioned Event (must be member to participate). For detailed information visit the Cabot Cove event page.
- Don Sokola, a new member, gave a lengthy presentation on The United States of Autism movie, Tommy Foundation project. Don, Executive Producer of the movie, described it as basically 40 days on pizzas for 11,000 miles. The movie trailer was released in August 2010. Three weeks ago (February 2012), the 93 minute documentary with three songs was “in the can” and the project was progressing. It was submitted to the Film Festival on March 5, 2012. If it is successful it will be in movie theaters everywhere. They are utilizing Kickstarter.com to raise funds, please visit The United States of Autism page on Kickstarter. Meanwhile, any BMW members who would like to donate, please do so. The sooner they reach their goal the better chance their project has of succeeding on a condition that is affecting so many families throughout the United States.
- Art Ona introduced Mike Freitas, Service Manager, who gave us a very thorough review of the new 2012 328i F30 sedan. It has very impressive specs and is a good rival for the Audi A4 sedan and C250 Mercedes Sedan. Bill Pearce received 27 of them and had three left. Watch the The All-New 3 Series
- Dinner at LeVecchia’s new location off of Skyline.
General Meeting adjourned at 7:10PM.