Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
14 January 2016 @ Pearce Motors
- New Members & Membership Update (Sharon)
- Upcoming Events for 2016
- Roundel Briefs
- BMW Performance School West (McGoff pics)
- Holiday Party recap & video
- BMW of North America @ 40
- BMW Trivia
- Dinner @ Napa-Sonoma South
23 in Attendance
- New Members & Membership Update (Pat), We have 2 new members this month
- Upcoming Events for 2016 can be viewed on the BMWCCA Sierra Chapter website. Click here to see all the great events coming up this year.
- Pat McGoff pointed out the Roundel “Briefs” column in the BMWCCA magazine. This is a good place to look to get summary changes and new items coming up with BMW
- Pat presented a video of the new BMW Performance School West in Thermal, CA. He visited the site last November and got to take a Hot Lap in an M3. There are many programs available thru the school which is not just limited to the M school.
- The Holiday Party was a huge success again for 2015. Carol, our webmaster, put together a nice video for all to see. A total of 54 members attended which is a new record.
- BMW claimed the Luxury Crown for the 4th time in 5 years. They beat out Lexus (2nd) and Mercedes Benz.
- BMWNA had it’s 40th anniversary late 2015.That same year, BMWNA unveiled it’s new tagline “The Ultimate Driving Machine”. Also that year, the 3 series was introduced and the BMW 3.0 CSL won the 12 hours of Sebring.
- The BMW Trivia were pictures of a 60’s BMW that Carol Villar provided. No one had the answer but it was a 3200 CS Bertone.
- Q&A? The ballots that came with the January Roundel where wrong so BMWCCA is mailing new ballots to all members. The Pacific Regional VP position is being contested again. Nick Owen is running again as well as Jeff Cowan, who was the VP before Nick. Jeff is from the Golden Gate Chapter and did a wonderful job while is office the last time. Please vote for your favorite candidate.
- Dinner will be at Napa-Sonoma tonight. We have decided to take La Vecchia off our list of restaurants. The owner wanted us to guarantee 16 people and he also wanted to raise the price from $19 to $25.