Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
09 February 2012 @ Pearce Motors
33 in Attendance and 3 Guests
Art Ona, President, called the meeting to order at 6:05 PM.
- Art Ona introduced Mike Freitas, Service Manager, who said the $250 deal was still going. In the past six months there were three new/used BMWs and one other vehicle sold by reference/to members, which was $1000 donated to the chapter. Pearce would do the March meeting on the new 3 series.
- New members were introduced. Other introductions were made of those present.
- Jeff Warner said there would be another Track Driving Event at Reno-Fernley Race track on Sunday, April 22, for driving school and car control clinic. It is a non-BMW sanctioned event. Invite the spouses to come and drive. He showed a YouTube video of a Daytona prototype that got a lot of laughs (“Joao Barbosa takes wife for the 1st time in a ride around Daytona International Speedway at 185mph in a 2 seater Grand Am Daytona Prototype.” “Wife” in the front seat deserved an award).
- Jeff Warner said Satch Carlson needs an article on the British guy on Kingbury Grade. Want to do ten cars test of variances between standard vehicle and revisions made and tested. Evolve Tuning www.evolvetuning.us is one of the software companies being used for a Roundel article. They are a British company and Jeff’s contact for them is Paul Howells, a Brit who has a place on Kingsbury Grade. The other software outfits involved are: Dinan, ESS, Burger Tuning, Cobb and Vishnu. Testing will be done by Street to Sand at 335 Kietzke Lane. Work would be done in April. Any volunteers? (6 Members and their cars helping out thus far.)
- Event Schedule on web site. They are subject to change, so visit frequently for updates.
- Dinner would be at LeVecchia’s new location off of Skyline. Full menu is $20; 27 attendees perhaps. Room is smaller and set up for 24. February and March will be at LaVecchia. Send Art Ona an email for April.
General Meeting adjourned at 6:40 pm.