Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
14 February 2019 @ Pearce Motors
- New Members & Membership Update
- Future Upcoming Events for 2019
- Holiday Party Video
- BMW Briefs – John Strom
- BMW Trivia – John Strom
- Dinner @ Famous Dave’s (4925 Kietzke Lane) (click here for menu)
Greetings everyone on this cold February day. Thankfully the sun is out after a lot of snow and winter weather.
With hazardous road conditions all around we need to be extra careful and vigilant with our driving. This is not the time to be touring around mountain curves so let’s save that for better weather. We do however have a very enjoyable social event planned this month on Saturday February 16 at 10 am at the Nevada Railroad Museum. This will be followed by lunch at Red’s Old 395 Grill. So come out and enjoy some of our heritage and socialize with our wonderful members.
If any members have any ideas of what we can do as a club, please don’t hesitate to tell the board so we can implement them and hopefully make them happen.
Meanwhile stay safe and take your BMW out for Valentine’s Day dinner at Famous Dave’s following our next meeting at Pearce BMW at 6pm.
Looking forward to catching up with everyone!
John Strom conducted the meeting in the absence of the Club President and Vice President 15 members were present.
- MEMBERSHIP: there were no changes in membership from previous month.
- UPCOMING EVENTS:
- Nevada Railroad Museum in Carson City : The decision was made to cancel this scheduled event on February 17 due to weather conditions.
- Dan Chrisman is arranging a visit to the Tesla factory on March 21st at 3:30p.m.
- PAST EVENTS
John Strom provided a slide show of pictures taken at the Club Christmas party.
- BMW BRIEFS by John Strom
- BMWs are still breaking into unexplained ﬁres. BMW claims there is no pattern to the various ﬁres. Interestingly, Korea has ﬁned BMW for covering up issues related to vehicle ﬁres.
- BMW was the top luxury car manufacturer world wide last year but was topped in the United States by Mercedes Benz.
- The X family of vehicles were the top sellers.
- The 2019 i3 now has a 150 mile range with a 0-60 mph time of 7.2 seconds.
BMW will oﬀer 25 electriﬁed vehicles by 2025. So far BMW Group has sold over 300,000 electriﬁed series sales were up by 27 percent. Mini sales were down 2.8 percent.
- The next generation M4 will have a manual transmission option.
- BMW will no longer sell diesel vehicles in the United States.
- Automobile Magazine has declared the 8 series as the most beautiful car.The BMW 8 Series Is the Design of the Year
- Rolls-Royce sales were up 22 percent with deliveries of 4,107 units.
- Two videos were played showing an Edmunds driver testing
- an 8 series coupe and
- a Z4 in Portugal.
- BMW TRIVIA
QUESTION: How many models does BMW oﬀer?
ANSWER:: 29 ( soon to be 30)
- DINNER was at Famous Dave’s BBQ following the meeting.