Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
12 February @ Pearce Motors
We meet on the second Thursday of each month @ Bill Pearce BMW, 11555 S. Virginia in Reno. The meetings start @ 6pm, but feel free to show up early to talk cars or just drool over the new stuff in the showroom.
After our meetings end (~7 PM) many of us head out to dinner at a local restaurant.
Hopefully everyone enjoyed our glorious, sunny and warm January and managed some nice drives in our BMWs. Because of bad weather last year at this time we decided not to organize any events this year in January and February. But, of course, as fate would have it, this year has been mild and pleasant.
Our next organized event will be March 21, breakfast at Tamarack Junction and a short drive to view a 40+ private collection of cars. Hope you will join us for this fun and interesting day.
Following this month’s meeting we will be trying a new restaurant for dinner, the Claim Jumper on Kietze and South Virginia. Hope to see you there.
Looking forward to seeing everyone at the February meeting!
- New Members & Membership Update –
- Event schedule for 2020 – Mart
- BMW Briefs & Trivia – Mart
- Dinner @ Claim Jumpers, in Reno following the meeting.
Meeting called to order by President Mart Jaama. 20 members were present. The president again reminded everyone the club’s purpose is to have fun with drives and social events. There are no planned track events or races.
- MEMBERSHIP: Fred Watson reported membership remains around 150 members. Last month there were 2 new members and 20 renewals.
- FUTURE EVENTS
- On March 21st there will be a tour of the Hamilton 48 car private collection in Washoe Valley. Those attending will meet for breakfast at Tamarack Junction and then depart in convoy at 9:30 to the collection site.
- May 16th is Virginia City drive. Details on web site.
- Mart is still in planning stages for a June 14th tour which will be 3-4 hours in length with appropriate stops.
- The annual wine tour dates have been changed from October to September 26/27 because October dates conﬂicted with other Amador county events. Call Shenandoah Inn to reserve a room if you are going on trip.
- The monitor pass trip will be scheduled in October.
- BMW BRIEFS: None were presented at this meeting because both Pat and John were traveling.
- BMW TRIVIA
Question: Where did BMW vehicles place in current rankings for dependability?
- DINNER: After the meeting was at the Claim Jumper at the corner of South Virginia and Kietzke