Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
13 March 2014 @ Pearce Motors
- New Members
- New Events 2014
- BMW i5 launch in 2015
- BMW front wheel drive Active Tourer
- BMW Trivia
- Dinner @ La Vecchia
28 in Attendance
General Meeting: Pat McGoff, President, called the meeting to order at 6 pm.
- New Members/Guests: First time attendees were introduced.
- New Events for 2014.
- Gilson Tech Session – April 5. Gilbert finally has the Dyno from New Zealand that got stuck in Australia for two months. Will have a demo of Dyno on your vehicle for $100. It does two runs through to get the torque and horsepower.
- Picnic – Sharon Goodrich – July 13. Sharon had looked at Bowers Mansion for a picnic in July. After discussing with Pat McGoff, location was changed to ArrowCreek. It can be used for three hours without cost and has swimming, barbecue and many other features.
- Barbera Festival – June 14. There are four couples so far who have signed up. It must be done on line and should be done soon as it fills fast.
- BMW i5 Launch in 2015. Pat McGoff provided a November 2013 article on the new car and said that it may actually be coming out this spring
- BMW Front Wheel Drive Active Tourer. This car is mostly 2014 Mini Coopers so far; no BMW number has been assigned to one.
- Trivia. 8 Series BMW. When was the first one in production and the last year in production? Answer: Concept was in 1986, first production year was 1989 and last production year was 1999. But the 2014 i8 is being made now.
- Dinner at La Vecchia Italian Bistro. About 18 attending.
General Meeting adjourned at 6:35 pm.