Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
10 May 2018 @ Pearce Motors
- New Members and Membership Update
- Upcoming 2018 Events
- Virginia City Tour on May 19
- Berlin, NV Drive on June 16
- BMW Briefs
- BMW Trivia
- Q & A
- Dinner at Famous Dave’s (4925 Kietzke Lane)
Ron Nicasio, President, presided over meeting.
29 in Attendance
- MEMBERSHIP: Ron Nicasio reported 1 new member.
- UPCOMING EVENTS
- May 19, Virginia City drive. Ron Nacasio and John English for details. Meet at Starbucks on Mount Rose Highway at 9:00. Lunch will be at the Palace in Virginia City. Please bring cash to pay for lunch.
- Mart Jaama is organizing a drive to Berlin (Nevada, not Germany) on June 16th. The group will have lunch on way out. A mine tour will be available for a fee. Mart will provide more details later. Mart is doing one more pre run to ﬁnalize details. Members with low vehicles should be aware about 2 miles of the route will be on a dirt road.
- Annual Picnic will be from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00p.m. On Saturday, August 11th at Arrowcreek. Pat McGoff for more details.
- Members wanting to go on the Wine Tour need to let De Sharp know. There are still some rooms available at the Shenandoah Inn as part of the block of rooms being held for the wine tour.
- BMW BRIEFS
- Pat McGoff briefed that concept iX3, a fully electric version of the current X3 was introduced at Beijing, China auto show.
- Anyone who purchases a 3 year club membership will be immediately eligible for a reward rebate on any new or CPO BMW they purchase. Formerly a person had to be a club member for 1 year before being eligible for the rebate. More details can be found at https://bimmerlife.com/2018/04/15/immediately-qualify-for-the-bmw-rebate-program/.
- The M2 can now be had in a competition model with a M4 engine modified to produce 410 horsepower and 405 lb-ft of torque and will do O-60 in 4.2 seconds.
- BMW TRIVIA
QUESTION: What new BMW model is coming out this August?
ANSWER: The new Z4 roadster will debut at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance in August. The concept Z4 was displayed there last year.
- ERRATA: Jeff Warner reported no problems with the N-20 4 cylinder turbo engine. The timing chain can stretch and break causing major damage. BMW is aware of problem but bo information available about any possible recall. You Tube has videos that discuss the issue. The N-20 engine is used in several BMW models.
- DINNER: Dinner after the meeting was at Famous Dave’s (4925 Kietzke Lane).