Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
9 March 2017 @ Pearce Motors
- New Members & Membership Update (Sharon)
- Upcoming Events for 2017
- Membership Appreciation @ Sierra Sport Haus
- BMW Briefs
- BMW Trivia
- Dinner @ Miguel’s Mexican Restaurant, 1415 S Virginia St, Reno (click here for menu)
Ron Nicasio, club president, presided over meeting.
22 in Attendance
- NEW MEMBERS & MEMBERSHIP UPDATE
Sharon Goodrich reported 2 new members had joined including Bill Hall who was present
- UPCOMING EVENTS FOR 2017
- Customer/member appreciation is scheduled for March 11th from 10:00 to 12:00a.m. at Sport Haus.
- Ron Nicasio and Maart Jaama will be attending the BMW Congress meeting in Dallas from March 24th to 26th.
- The Mammoth tour tentatively scheduled for May12th will have to be rescheduled to a new date not yet determined. John Strom reported the roads to be driven on that trip will be impassable due to heavy snow fall in Mammoth area.
- Fred Watson provided and distributed name tags for club members who do not hold positions on the Board.
- ZoZo’s was mentioned as a possible new restaurant following club meetings.
- BMW BRIEFS
Pat McGoff covered a number of BMW related items: BMW sales are slightly up in the first two months of this year; BMW is testing a new roadster to replace the discontinued Z4; BMW is opening a new production facility for the 5 series at Graz, Austria (Magna International is building 5 series sedans under contract from BMW); and a refreshed 4 series is coming in March involving minor styling changes and new colors.
- BMW TRIVIA
Question: Where will Oktoberfest be held this year? Answer: New Orleans
Over 20 club members joined together for dinner at Miguel’s Mexican Restaurant at the Summit shopping center.