Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
12 October 2017 @ Pearce Motors
- New Members & Membership Update (Sharon)
- Upcoming Events:
- Family Picnic Photos
- Street Survival video
- BMW Trivia
- Dinner is @ Olive Garden at 4900 S. Virginia
Ron Nicasio, President, presided over meeting.
25 in Attendance
- MEMBERSHIP: Sharon Goodrich reported 1 new member has joined the club.
- UPCOMING EVENTS
- Wine Tour: The annual wine tour to Amador county will be October 14th. 13 cars are signed up for the trip. De Sharp gave update and distributed written information.
- Fun Rally: Fred Watson gave some details on fun rally scheduled for October 28th. Tour will send participants to various historical sites and finish up with a late lunch in Carson City. Prizes will be awarded to rally winners and also for best costume. More details will be provided to those who sign up.
- PAST EVENTS: Videos were shown of the annual picnic/show and shine as well as videos of street survival. Thanks to Carol Villar for her great work in preparing the videos. The videos are available for viewing on the club website.
- BMW BRIEFS:
- Pat McGoff reported on a mysterious BMW collector in Southern California who buys and sells on a whim. Now he has 52 cars and at one time had 14 2002tii models in various stages of repair. More details are available at automobilemag.com.
- Pat also briefed on the new X3 and engines available including an M 40 model.
- BMW TRIVIA
Question: What BMW model convertible is being discontinued in 2018?
Answer: The 6 series convertible will be replaced by the upcoming 8
- DINNER: Dinner after the meeting was at the Olive Garden on South Virginia