Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
12 November 2015 @ Pearce Motors
- New Members & Membership Update (Sharon)
- Upcoming Events: Holiday Party (De)
- BMW makes largest poster in the world
- 2016 Board Members remain the same (De)
- Fun Rally Recap and Video (Steve)
- Street Survival Video
- New Photo Gallery – check it out! (Photo Gallery under the CALENDAR & EVENTS menu)
- The new 7 Series has arrived (Preview)
- BMW Trivia (John Strom)
- Dinner @ La Vecchia Italian Bistro
23 in Attendance
General Meeting: Ron Nicasio, Vice President, called the meeting to order at 6 pm; President Pat McGoff was out of town. Mike Freitas was given the first few minutes. He gave a check for $250 to the club for purchase referrals – one by Goodrich and the other from McGoff.
- Guests and New Members: Andy Goodrich reported for Sharon that there were four new members this month. (Khyle Dayao, Sam Georgeson, Jeremy Lynnes and Amanda Williams in addition to Victor who joined and attended tonight.)
- Upcoming Events.
- Holiday Party. December 3rd, not the regular meeting date. Cocktails at DeArmond’s house around 5:30 pm and short drive to Bricks Restaurant and Wine Bar, 1695 South Virginia Street. Cost is $20. The very tall trophy sitting on the table was from Kars 4 Kids event; that reduced the cost of the party this year.
- Monterey Historics and Oktoberfest Starting August 16 to August 21, 2016 and beyond for some events. Jeff Warner stated that all spots at Laguna Seca were already taken. Friday and onward roads are very crowded, rooms are booked in most of the area. The Oktoberfest will start on Tuesday. BMW will be car of the year featured on August 19-21 for the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion at Laguna Seca Raceway, Salinas CA. On August 16 it is the 10th Annual Carmel by-the-Sea Concours d’Elegance, downtown Carmel CA. And so many more events. Check these two web sites for updated information: Vintage Motorsport or See Monterey.
- BMW makes largest poster in the world. The Frankfurt Airport had a poster made that is 30,000 square meters.
- 2016 Board Members remain the same. De gave a short information update on the board members remaining the same for this next year. No changes or objections.
- Fun Rally Recap and Video.
- Street Survival Recap and Video. Jeff Warner provided comments on the video.
- New Photo Gallery. Carol put up a new photo gallery after moving the website to a new host. This is the third time this has been done. Please look at the web site and provide any information to Carol on things that may need action.
- The new 7 Series has arrived. BMW has sent one to Pearce and we can look at it in the sales bay after the meeting.
- BMW Trivia on 4 Series.
Question: What is the weight difference between the 4 series coupe and the folding hard top convertible?
Answer: 500 pounds; coupe is 3495 and convertible 3995.
- Q&A: Walter Mazuryk, a 1968 member of BMW CCA and Sierra Chapter member since 2013, showed pictures of the i8 in South Carolina.
- Dinner at La Vecchia Italian Bistro. Looked like 13 attending.
General Meeting adjourned at 6:40 pm.