Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
8 May 2014 @ Pearce Motors
- New Members
- Virginia City Tour (John English)
- X5 Consumer Report Article
- BMW Recalls (must login to bmwcca.org to view)
- BMW X7 (must login to bmwcca.org to view)
- BMW Spartanburg plant expansion (must login to bmwcca.org to view)
- BMW Trivia
- Dinner @ La Vecchia Italian Bistro
28 in Attendance
General Meeting: Pat McGoff, President, called the meeting to order at 6:05 pm.
- New Members/Guests: Mike Dietel introduced his friend and BMW CCA SoCal member who has a great BMW collection, including a 1960 700.
- Events for 2014.
- John English had the Virginia City Tour set up for Saturday, May 17, and weather was going to be good.
- June 3rd will be an iCar Ride and Drive; six of the i3 BMWs should be at Pearce. Mike Freitas, Sales Manager, said there will only be on line sign up for the rides click this link https://www.bmwusa.com/Secured/Content/Forms/BMWi3.aspx?dealerid=2641901. Also, a $500 check was given to the chapter by Pearce for two purchases made this past month.
- Consumer Report Article on X5. June 2014 issue article on road tests titled Opulent Opponents, BMW X5 outpaces the Range Rover Sport to top the luxury class as number one over so many well known opponents.
- BMW Recall. Pat included an article from BMW CCA on the Worldwide Recall for 489,000 Vehicles to Address Possible Engine-Bolt Flaw (must login to bmwcca.org to view); 156,137 were in North America.
- Spied: A BMW … something. Scott Blazey article wondered if it was X7 or X5 plug-in hybrid test vehicle in camouflage spotted in Munich last month.
- Spartanburg Plant Expansion. By 2016 BMW will invest $1 billion in the new plant. The X4 will be put into production first, followed by the X7. Dealers pay for the vehicles before they are built; build time is usually about one week. Pay as you go has been a big benefit for profitability at the plant.
- Trivia. This is the 30 year anniversary for which vehicle? Answer: M5.
- The picnic will be at Arrowcreek on July 13th.
- August 15th will be the Legends of the Autobahn and should be well attended. Russ stated that the Club should think about including this as one of our tour events in order to lend our support.
- Air Race Weekend is Wine Tour (September 13-14). DeArmond moved it due to scheduling at the Shenendoah Inn. You must call and reserve a room; 15 are being held for us.
- Dinner at LaVecchia Italian Bistro. About 19 attending.
General Meeting adjourned at 6:40 pm.