Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
10 May 2012 @ Pearce Motors
32 in Attendance
Art Ona, President, called the meeting to order at 6:05 PM.
- New member introductions.
- John English was working on revisions to events.
- June 23 – Railroad Museum in Sacramento and the repair shop, plus lunch at a great place about a block away. Brandi at Blackhawk in Danville is not returning calls, but hope to have it frmed up fairly soon.
- July 21 – day trip on 88 to Shake Ridge Road to Volcano. The last stop at the Volcano Union Inn was not friendly, but there is a cute park and we could do P&J and BYO in that area. After that we could proceed to spectacular Black Chasm Cavern and Chaw’se Indian Grinding Rock (Miwok Indians). Or we could proceed to Jackson if not BYO at the park. Details almost finalized see Events>Black Chasm Cavern.
- Cabot Cove on May 18th is on, eight have signed up, it closes tonight. It is pay as you go and the insurance certificate has been obtained.
- A member suggested Bodega Bay for the annual Crab Cioppino Feed in March.
- Jeff Warner said the driving event on April 22nd was very good. It was about a four mile configuration. Car control and lapping on the track were provided. It was lead follow format for new people. Car clinic was excellent. There were 49 cars, almost double from other times. Mike Dietel was visiting Nürburgring (he was not driving).
3. Dinner at LaVecchia new location off Skyline would be inside.
General Meeting adjourned at 6:50 pm.