Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
11 July 2013 @ Pearce Motors
- New Members
- Oktoberfest Update
- The new i3 arriving July 31st
- Sierra Buttes Tour & Poker Run
- August Meeting Potluck
- BMW Trivia
- Dinner @ La Vecchia Italian Bistro
35 in Attendance
Pat McGoff, President, called the meeting to order at 6:05 pm.
- Introductions included members not at a meeting before or not attending in a long time
- Oktoberfest Update (August 19-25). Pat McGoff said 950 people have registered; the largest in history of this event. See web site for more information; time is running out for many events.
- Sierra Buttes Tour (July 27). Update was given by Sharon and Andy Goodrich. Check the website for all the specific details. There is no limit; currently 12 cars are signed up. If you need more specific information, contact Sharon Goodrich.
- Pat McGoff went over the new i3 arriving on July 29. It is a gas and electric version starting at $40,000. Another option is the BMW i8 that was spotted in Germany recently – it starts at $150,000.
- August Meeting/Potluck (August 8). Pat McGoff will need to know who will be attending the meeting. An email blast will be sent out to all members to provide the information Pat would like before the meeting.
- BMW CCA Foundation will relocate to Greer SC (between Greenville and Spartanburg). The museum and office is currently a 10,000 square foot building and will eventually be 40,000 square feet of space. It is located by the Performance Center.
- Fall Wine Tour (September 28 – 29). DeArmond Sharp said he or Ron Rachow or Pat McGoff may be contacted for more information. There are two rooms available at this time, so sign up soon.
- BMW trivia question for the month: M3CSL, E46 questions:
- What did CSL stand for on this model and what year? 2004 Coupe Sport Lightweight
- How much lighter than the usual M3 was the CSL? It was 3054 pounds, 10 percent less.
- Dinner tonight is at LaVecchia Italian Bistro; 21 were attending for dinner.
General Meeting adjourned at 7:10 pm.