Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
10 August 2017 @ Pearce Motors
Maart Jaama, vice club president, presided over meeting.
26 in Attendance
Pat McGoff reported 3 new members have joined the club and 2 others rejoined.
- PAST EVENTS
Mart Jaama prepared and presented a slide show from the Sierra Buttes drive on July 29th. Kudos to Mart for the slide show and to Sharon and Andy Goodrich for organizing the drive.
- UPCOMING EVENTS
- Mart Jaama gave an update on the club’s annual picnic scheduled for August 12th at the Arrow Creek club. The picnic will run from 12 noon to 3 p.m. Mart is planning a “Show and Shine” as part of the activities. There will also be “road racing” with radio controlled cars.
- Ron Nicasio is replacing brakes on his car. There will be a tech session scheduled when this takes place so those who are interested can learn installation techniques and methods on replacing brake parts.
- Steve Polimeni reminded that Street Survival is set for October 7th. So far 10 students have signed up. Steve is in need of volunteers for the event to include coaches, course workers, and admin tasks. Please contact Steve and let him know how you can help.
- The Annual Wine Tour to Amador county will be October 14th. There are still rooms available at the Shenandoah Inn so make your reservations ASAP as the Inn will be releasing the rooms in the near future. Also let De Sharp know if you plan on going.
- Mart Jaama is working on Fun Rally for later this year. Details to follow.
- BMW will be running an “M” car event at Thermal in Southern California in November. Here is your chance to have a full days driving their cars on the track.
- BMW BRIEFS
- Pat McGoff reported on diesel issues in the European. There is an investigation of German auto makers with focus on Audi and Mercedes diesels. BMW uses a different system to control emissions so is not a target of the EU investigation.
- The former head of BMW in North America who was a friend of BMWCCA has resigned.
- The new 5 series has received the highest safety ratings.
- BMW TRIVIA
Question: Where does BMW’s business reputation rank?
Answer: 12th out of 100 ranked world wide businesses. BMW was the highest ranked automobile manufacturer
- Contact Fred Watson if you would like to get a club name tag. Price is $10. Fred is also asking for input for the newsletter. That includes any car related items you would like to buy or sell.
- For 6 series owners there will be a “SHARKFEST” in Murphy, California on September 30th and October 1st.
- DINNER after the meeting was at Napa/Sonoma South on South Virginia Street.