Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
09 April 2015 @ Pearce Motors
- New Members & Membership Update (Sharon)
- Upcoming Events for 2015
- 2014/2015 X5 Recall
- BMW mouthguard????
- 2015 30th Anniversary M5
- 3 Series Plug-in Hybrid
- BMW Trivia
- Dinner @ Napa-Sonoma Restaurant
34 in Attendance
- Sharon Goodrich advised that there were two new members that signed up this month. We are closing in on 170 members.
- John English gave an update on the Virginia City Tour. He said he secured the lunch site and the ride should be similar to last year with a stop and Lake Tahoe.
- 2014/2015 X5 Recall is about the side air bags not inflating correctly.
- BMW is making a mouthguard for the England rugby team. The mouthguard is in the shape of the kidney grill and is make from the material that seals the doors of a BMW.
- The 2015 30th Anniversary M5 originally sold for $138,275 but the Roundel has one for sale for $299,000. Only 30 cars were sold in the USA so the member apparently is trying to make a windfall profit.
- The 3 Series Plug-in Hybrid is becoming a reality. It will have a twin-power gas engine along with an electric engine. Total horsepower is 245HP. The 3 series will get an amazing 117 mpg!
- BMW Trivia
- Question: How many years has BMW been making the X-series? Answer: 15. The first X was the X5. The majority of the X SAV’s were made at the Spartanburg plant in South Carolina.
- Pat McGoff and Ron Nicasio attended the BMW Congress this past March. The following items:
BMWCCA has created a Recognition Program to award chapters and members as well as associated companies.
The BMWCCA Foundation is creating an Ambassador Program that will have volunteers from chapters to explain the Foundation to the community and associated companies.
Jeff Cowan presented a Powerpoint presentation on how to engage Chapter Membership. The Golden Gate chapter uses two websites, Facebook and email blasts to contact all 3700 members.
Save the date, the 2016 Oktoberfest will be back in Monterey to celebrate the 100th year of BMW. Jeff Warner is going and would love to have as many members as possible to attend. The event will be in mid August.
Dinner @ Napa-Sonoma Restaurant