Sierra Chapter BMW Car Club – Reno, NV
11 April 2013 @ Pearce Motors
- New Members
- Oktoberfest Update
- Event Updates
- BMW Recalls (Total Recall Hits BMW)
- BMW New Cars for 2014 (BMW leaks list of new cars for 2014)
- Eids of May Road Rally (Non-BMW Event)
- BMW launches 4 more Apps
- 2013 BMWCCA Membership Drive
- Sierra Chapter website sign-in demo
- BMW Trivia – What is the new 328d motor gas mileage?
- Dinner @ Los Compadres
27 in Attendance
Pat McGoff, President, called the meeting to order at 6:05 pm.
- here were no new members at the April meeting.
- The Hyatt Hotel in Monterey is sold out for the Oktoberfest. The Hilton is the overflow hotel and it is the same rate as the Hyatt. The Wednesday and Thursday track days are sold out. There are a few left on Friday and Saturday. If you intend to go you need to sign up very soon.
- The Virginia City Drive is coming up April 20th. So far there are 10 cars going which is a good turn-out but more can attend so sign up soon.
- BMW has a recall on the 3 series coupes and sedans for a battery cable problem. The cable could cause a fire so if you own a 3 series you should check with your BMW dealer to see if your car is on the list. Carol Villar also showed everyone a link that shows all the current recalls for BMW’s.
- BMW has several new models coming out in the next several months included the new 4 series, a new X5, a diesel 3 series xDrive and many others. Carol Villar showed a link to the BMW site that listed all the upcoming new models.
- Bob Merrill mentioned that the non- BMW event called the Eids of May Road Rally is coming up on May 4thA flyer was attached to the Agenda for anyone interested.
- BMW will introduce 4 more Apps as an option for the new 2014 models. They include Rhapsody, TuneIn, Audible for book reading and Glympse. A flyer is in the Agenda for more details.
- The BMW 2013 Membership Drive is now underway. For every member signed up, the sponsoring member and the new member are entered into a drawing to win a chance to go to the BMW Performance Center plus two nights of lodging.
- Carol Villar has recently sent out emails to all members with user names and passwords. She demonstrated how to sign into the website and also showed how to make comments and car listings on the site. She would like to get pictures of member BMW’s to put on the site as well.
- The BMW trivia for the month was the new 328 d engine. The engine will get an incredible 48 mpg highway and somewhere in the 30 mpg range for city driving. This will compete against the Prius and it’s a BMW!! It will do 0-60 in 7.2 seconds.
- Jeff Warner mentioned that there is a Pro Control event at the Fernley Track on May 11th. The cost will be $225 per person. This is a non-BMW event.
- Jeff Warner mentioned another non-BMW event which will be a Show-n-Shine on Saturday from 10AM to 3PM at Bonaventure of Sparks Senior Living Community. Registration is $15.
- The dinner tonight is at Los Compadres just down the road.
Meeting adjourned at 6:55 pm.